This is the official website of The White Chocolate Server you've made it!
Ranks information is found here
Thank you and enjoy your stay!
Make sure you know the rules before you...
I apologize to everyone that the server hasn't been up lately. The server has been down due to the minecraft 1.4.5 update. when 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 came out bukkit - the developers of the server mod this server requires to run- had to start completely over every time minecraft updated which means its taking twice as long to get an update out and get twcs running again. I apologize again for the inconvenience.
ALRIGHTY... minecraft 1.4.2 is out which as usually means a lot of waitingn for plugins to update and for bukkit to get their builds together. HOWEVER I have gone ahead and updated to a development build that semi works, the only thing is that the game play will be pretty buggy lots of glitches I saw a lot of beta holes for some reason and theres going to be a lot of plugin errors spamming the console and whatnot... but if you want to play 1.4.2 is technically working I'll update you when things start working completely again.
Right so I'm going to TRY to compile a list of changes that are going to be different from the old twcs. The problem with this is that I don't know EXACTLY what he old twcs was but I'll do my best.
1) No longer will you be able to use donator commands in a non-donator world. (Thats right I'm making an entire world just for donators.) Heres my reasoning behind this. I got tired of diamonds spawning items for other people or cuboiding big diamond buildings in and not having them protected, what ended up happening was that people who aren't suppose to get free items would mine the donators buildings made out of hacked items to get a lot of free items which isn't fair. The donators paid for their ranks to get better abilities if other people are basically getting it too in a round about way whats the point of having donator ranks? Also some donators were giving out items when they shouldn't of. I know you can still have an inventory full of diamonds to give to your friends once you leave donator world so I might just have it clear your inventory every time you leave donator world but I'm not sure yet.
EDIT: I will allow donator commands that don't involve items outside of donator world like teleporting and such maybe even shop commands.
2) For certain worlds like guest survival and war world you won't have all your special commands because 1. you won't need them and 2. It was annoying having people that were Members or higher making factions and protecting chests or cuboiding buildings and hacked items into the guest world.
3) Factions are going to be war world only I don't know if I'm going to make two factions where you join one or the other to fight against the other faction or if I want to make a "faction area" for making factions to fight other factions. Too many people were using factions as free protection, I want people to buy protection so that you HAVE to communicate with me if you want protection and to make it a bit more "realistic" I mean about as realistic as minecraft can be. :P
1) unfortunately since I couldn't recover the files from old twcs we have ALL new worlds brand new starts.
2) I know you guys don't like the borders but unfortunately they have to stay these are my reasons why: I don't want infinite worlds, I don't want worlds so big that I can't manage/ watch out for people griefing, lastly and maybe most importantly I want people to need or want to build next to each other so you work together, I want towns to be close enough to each other that you can walk or ride a train (I will still be making town portals for people buying towns)
3) new spawns, shops, towns everything.
1) mostly things will be the same... but who knows right? I can't compare it to old twcs except what I remember I had things set too... SOOO if you see something that seems a bit off too you as far as plugins are concerned please let bassbeast know thanks :D
2) I'll have protection and anti-grief plugins that actually work so watch out griefers *wink*
I know its lengthy but its worth the read. More updates to come in the future.
Yes I'm aware the server is offline, here is an email explaining the situation I received by kerplunk gaming my provider.
Currently your server is offline as our provider has turned off our servers, or have had their networking turned off by the datacenter. We are currently investigating what has happened and are working hard to get access to our data on the nodes.
In the mean time we are going to get your new servers setup at the new IPs as we work to get back access to this data.
As soon as we have new information we'll let you know.
We are terrible sorry for the inconvenience
Essentially our server was shut down by THEIR provider and they are trying to get the files from them so they can put us back up on another server.
Please be patient hopefully it will be up soon, I'll let you know when I hear more news
The new ip will be 220.127.116.11:25565 once we get moved over of course you can always connect using twcs.minecraftgsp.com
Doesn't look like we can recover the files, so what I'm going to do is start completely over. The server is up and you can join and time don't expect it to be anything like old twcs, I'm changing a lot of things. I'm going to keep the same ranks but other things will be changed, all new worlds. I won't be finished making plugins work for probably a week at least but I could REALLY REALLY use your help in bug testing. So if you want to help just play and tell me what you thinks wrong in by emailing me or skyping me or leaving me a comment on the website thanks guys.
Some of you may have seen the "support us" page but if you haven't the support us page is a way you can give back to the server for free. Here is what you do, go to the support us page click on the various links or banners and click on them and vote for or leave a comment for the various websites. Another bonus of voting for the server is that it is a quick and easy way to earn free in game money! You can earn up to 100 cookies in one day! (more later when websites update)
article by bassbeast